We provide practical full and half-day training events on how to manage Data Protection compliance in your organisation or business. These events are designed to increase your confidence in working with Data Protection law and effectively manage compliance and requests for access to information. They can assist you when dealing with Data Protection queries and complaints.
They include practical activities to aid understanding and put the theory into practice. Excellent opportunity to share experiences with fellow practitioners.
Price for Full Day Training Days is only £110 per person with a discount of £15 per person if three or more attend from one organisation. No VAT is charged.
Get to Grips With The General Data Protection Regulation
The new Regulation is with us and this workshop focuses on what the Regulations say and to manage and ensure effective compliance. It includes the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Our next Workshop will take place on Wednesday 17th July 2019.
- Communicating privacy information – fair processing, identifying a legal basis
- Lawfulness of Processing and special category data, children’s information
- Data Protection impact assessments and privacy by design
- Obtaining and evidencing consent
- Records of Processing Activities
- Individual’s rights expanded
- Managing information security and data breach notifications
- International requirements – sending information overseas
- Data Protection Officer requirement (for some)
- Exemptions and Restrictions
- Enforcement – offences and monetary penalties – includes data processors
- Law Enforcement Requirements
Click here for more details and a booking form: Booking Form GDPR Workshop Exeter July 19
Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to Grips with Individuals’ Rights – Managing Requests for Information and Other Rights
Takes place on Thursday 12th September in Exeter, Devon. Click here for more details and a booking form: Booking Form Individuals Rights Workshop Exeter 12 Sept 19
Send the completed form to email@example.com
- Outline of the General Data Protection Regulation and how the right to see what information is held about you works with other rights
- Legal Requirements and Individuals’ Rights in Practice including:
- What are personal data and what must be provided?
- Identity checks
- Making information accessible and intelligible
- Charging and refusals
- Information relating to other people – how far should you go to seek consent?
- Public Authorities – how subject access applies to you
- Exemptions explained
- Practical tips for reducing the number of requests you receive.
Objectives: To focus on how the right of access and other rights work in practice, to increase your confidence when dealing with requests, and making decisions about what information to provide or withhold.
Mediation Training Day – “How To Bring Resolution in Conflict” with Julie Hodge (Teacher, Mediator and Restorative Justice Practitioner)
To offer principles for resolving conflict situations that can be applied in a range of situations.
To build trainees’ confidence in handling conflict situations.
The day includes practical activities designed to aid understanding and put the theory into practice. An excellent opportunity to share experiences with fellow practitioners.
Price is £110 per person, with discounts if three or more three people attend from your organisation.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for future dates and locations.