Personal information about you, (such as your contact information and services provided to you) will be used by me (Gill Smith) as a sole trader, who is trading as DP Assist.
I will use it for the management and administration of my business, to provide consultancy services, training days and workshops, and communicate with you as a potential or existing client or service provider.
Lawful Basis For Obtaining And Using Your Information
- In my legitimate interest(s) so that I can provide services and products to you, and the effective management and commercial interests of the business. For example for information security, to identify potential clients, and to maintain my website .
- I may pass on information about you in the legitimate interests of other organisations, where necessary such as my service providers, for example as trainers who work with me, my accountant, and my website developer at Webcube Media so that they can assist me in what I do.
- With your consent, for example to send you information about future training events and services. I will let you know how your name or email address can be removed from my contact list at any time.
- For the performance of a contract or for taking steps before you enter into a contract with me for example when you ask me for a quotation and to provide services to you, or if you attend one of my training days or workshops when you purchase a place as a trainee.
Who I Pass Your Information To
I may pass relevant information about you to my service providers, for example the hotel where a training event is taking place about any special requirements you may have.
I do not disclose it to anyone else unless I have a lawful basis for it (see above). I may disclose it if I am specifically required by law or one of the Data Protection Act exemptions apply, for example for the prevention or detection of crime if a fraudulent payment is suspected.
Sending Information Overseas
Length of Time I Keep Your Information
I keep it while I have a connection or relationship with you, to maintain contact, and to provide a service to you. I will delete or securely destroy it three years after it ends unless I need to keep it for legal or necessary business requirements. Financial information is kept for seven years to comply with Finance and Taxation laws.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the right to:
- Be informed about what I do with your personal information
- Make a request to have a copy of it
- Have it rectified or corrected if it is inaccurate.
- Have it erased, (but not in all circumstances, as it depends on my reason(s) for holding it).
- Have its use restricted or stopped while I respond to you and handle any requests you make about it such as to see a copy of what information I hold about you.
- Data portability – to receive a copy of the information you have provided to me, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (if I am able to do this), so that you can take it elsewhere.
- Object if I am using your information:
- For direct marketing for example to send you information about training days or consultancy services that I provide.
- In my legitimate interests such as the effective running of my business and the interests of other organisations when I need to pass your information on.
- To withdraw your consent, where I am relying only on your agreement to hold or use your information for example, to receive information about future training events and services.
If you have any queries, would like to exercise your rights or make a complaint,
- Send an email to email@example.com,
- Telephone 07548 606520 or
- Write to me at 20 Mortimer Court, Bishop Westall Road, Exeter EX2 6NN.
You have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint about what I do with your information:
- Telephone them on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
- Visit their website at www.ico.org.uk or write to them at:
- Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF